TKPD is currently hiring for the
position of POLICE OFFICER 1.
See below for application
TKPD is currently hiring for the position of
To download a copy of the employment application:
For a form that can be completed and submitted electronically:
Click Here (requires Microsoft Word)
Completed applications, along with a resume and cover letter can
be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Township of Kalamazoo Police Dept.
Attn: Sgt. Larry Haynor
1720 Riverview Dr.
Kalamazoo, MI 49004
Applications accepted until noon Dec. 30th 2013
|TKPD Recruiting Video
|Having trouble viewing the video? Click Here to view on YouTube.
| POLICE OFFICER, Charter Township of Kalamazoo, Michigan
The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department is seeking qualified applicants who are highly
motivated and career oriented for the position of Police Officer 1.
The Township of Kalamazoo is located in southwest Michigan, within Kalamazoo County. The police
department serves a population of approximately 24,000 residents within a 12 square mile area in both
the Township of Kalamazoo and the City of Parchment.
The department has an authorized strength of 32 sworn officers and approximately 42 FTEs overall.
Assignments include patrol, criminal investigations, narcotics, school resource officer and auto theft. In
addition, officers serve as trainers and specialists in a variety of areas. The department responds to
approximately 16,000 calls for service per year and offers excellent in-service training for its staff.
• Be 21 years of age
• Be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. (college degree strongly preferred)
• Have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis
• Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and a very good driving record
• Be Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards certified or certifiable
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
WAGES & BENEFITS
• Police Officer 1 starting salary is $43,158 (2014 rate)
• Top police officer pay after 6 years of service is $62,691 (2014 rate)
• Excellent health, life and disability insurance
• Municipal Employees’ Retirement System B4 defined benefit pension
• Personal time - 24 hours per year
• Vacation time - 1 to 3 years - 14 days; 4 to 9 years - 21 days; 10+ years - 30 days
• Holidays – 10 per year
• Continued education – 50% college tuition reimbursement
• Uniforms, uniform cleaning and equipment provided
• Longevity pay
Applications will be accepted through noon on December 30, 2013. The Charter Township of
Kalamazoo is an equal opportunity employer.